Expected Start Date: June 25
Peak Time with Volume:
June 30 – August 5
Expected Season End: August 5
* Dates are subject to change due to weather
* Expected start dates are very limited supplies
Gooseberries are tart, distinctive berries which are generally cooked before eating.
However, they also taste great with ice cream or yogurt; added to muffins, breads, pies or specialty desserts.
Because of their high pectin content, they make excellent jams and jellies.
Also available for local market:
- 12 x 6 oz. (170g) clear plastic clamshell containers
- 6 x 6 oz. (170g) clear plastic clamshell containers
Care and Handling:
- Keep berries refrigerated
- Keep humidity at 90-95%
- Do not mist
- Shelf life 10-15 days with proper handling